View Single Post
Old 26 October 2011, 07:14 AM   #43
karmatp
"TRF" Member

This is just crazy, I can't believe how worked up people are getting over a non decorated movement. Who cares, it has a low MSRP, the only people who hyped it up were the guys trying to flip them for big bucks.

The fact is that the movement is a time proven reliable movement that will last a lifetime, it had a solid case back for a reason.

I read comments like, "I will never buy a Panerai again" and can't help but think these people have really lost all perspective on what is important in this world, HINT, it's not watches or the movement inside. Is it new news that many models have ETA based movements in them???????????

I for one have no problem with ETA movements, they flat out rock. They are reliable and easy to service, what more can we ask for?

I like the option of being able to take my Panerai to my local Panerai AD and have it serviced, it is a bonus to me not a negative. My 351 has to go back to Panerai when it needs it's first service, that blows but the p.9000 is a pure joy and is proving to be a amazing and reliable in house movement.

Panerai has come a long way the past few years. Their new in house movements are amazing and they keep designing more. Their new manual wind movements are stunning, and with the price tag to go along with it.

So, you are not happy with your $5,000 Pam with a base ETA, go buy a new one with a in house manual wind movement for $10,000.