Thread: Audemars Piguet
View Single Post
Old 29 August 2007, 09:17 AM   #12
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya008 View Post
Oh I love AP watches. The F-1 Rubens Barrichello is cool. I saw this one made from compressed carbon and just WOW!!! I love all the ROyal Oak watches. I saw a Rubens RO for like 70k USD. Is that the retail prices on these? I thought base RO are 18k retail but I wonder how much of the Ruben's RO is marked up.

I remember seeing on another forum. There was one member with 6 or 8 AP RO watches. From steel to rose gold all beautiful. I don't know how much but i suspect it was aroound 250k + on his collection.

Major drool..
AP is an interesting brand. I’m learning more and more about them each day. They make a lot of special edition watches which the collectors appropriately refer to as LE’s “limited edition”. The LE models you not only NEVER see discounted, but more often than not are marked up very very heavily. Sometime the LE models are as rare as 10 – 20 pieces. The Ruben Barichello pieces are LE so they get marked up, as do the Alighni sailing pieces.

Your more basic Royal Oak Offshore can typically be found at 15%-30% off of retail.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote