View Single Post
Old 29 November 2011, 02:57 AM   #73
Orchi
Banned

Err Buddies...Orchi had some time ago read this exemplary article published in 2010 by Jake's Blog - Jake's Rolex World...
but somehow Orchi has forgotten all about it...
(exactly 2 days passed 1 year ago)

Friday, November 26, 2010
The Hans Wilsdorf Story (Founder Of Rolex)

The Complete History Of Rolex
Part 1: The Hans Wilsdorf Years

...Founder Of Rolex...

The Hans Wilsdorf Story

"Ghost In The Machine"

1881-1960

After reading the article again...
Orchi finds these words said to be translated from the Late Mr. Hans Wilsdorf's own written books...

http://www.google.com.my/url?sa=t&rc...K6mZ8g&cad=rja

After founding my firm in 1905, I went to Bienne and placed with Hermann Aegler the largest order ever booked for wristlet watches at the time. The order amounted to several hundred thousand Swiss francs.

This was the first step forward in our climb to success with which, indeed, the factory in Bienne is closely connected. Over a very long period I traveled to Bienne from London several times a year, bringing my collaborators new and personal ideas, demanding that they be realized.

In this way, hundreds of models were conceived and launched on Empire markets and in the Far East. The new fashion watches became extremely popular, in Australia and New Zealand especially.

In his own words written...
he did mentioned about his great achievements n working experiences...
with his "collaborators"...
n coincidentally...Orchi noticed from some of the last photographs taken of him...during the late 50s...
would show his signature(depicted on the Stone) as..."H. WILSDORF"...

Thanks for watching...
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote