Thread: " Commando"
View Single Post
Old 3 January 2012, 04:29 AM   #2
Rolexis

Watch: Had many love all
You and me both have such similar stories. My first watch I bought when I was 17 just before ebay started taking off. It was a pointed guard 7928 Tudor Sub. I remeber hating it bc all the Subs I saw had rounded guards. I thought Rolex did this only for Tudor to make it look diff. Well I took the dial off sent it to texas to a place called southern dial and they painted it like a 5513. Great job I must add. After they did that I sold it to an old man for $1100 and bought a used 1675 from the antique shop that had sold me the Tudor. After that I think I sold the 1675 to get a newer 16610. I remeber the time no one really liked the plastic stuff now its what they want. I traded an 18078 for a 6263 in 1999. At the time the antique shop gave me $13500. I had to sell it bc I still owed him $6500 for the pres at the time. I always made a living, but how I wish I would have tried to atleast keep the double red SD I bought off an old man for 2K and sold it a week later on ebay at that time for 5k. I thought it was a nice profit at the time. I have had fun doing what I do. I will own them again because with trading anything is possible. My current collection stated with buying a 1600 stainless 1969 DJ that I traded straight up for my 5512, then added a 16003 that I found at a pawn shop for under $1000, followed by a GMT II 16713 I sold a friend years ago and he just sold it back to me. My idea is to catch an old man with a 1016 or 1655 in very used shape and say wow my grandpa had a watch like that would you trade the old one for a nice newer one. I used to trade old ones for newer ones in the 90s when nobody liked non quick anything. I remeber when they were just old watches and that was not that long ago
Rolexis is offline   Reply With Quote