View Single Post
Old 22 February 2012, 05:59 AM   #7
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetuator View Post
I've seen one of these rarities up for sale in its original packaging. Seller wants an arm & leg, but is reputable. He mentions that these were offered on a very select few early reference 116520 Daytonas. But in all my years on TRF, I have never seen or heard of any "cream" dial Daytonas. The color is an off-white/neutral shade, similar to the ivory panda dial sans the black subdials. Can anyone shed some light on this?
As i stated earlier i am fortunate enough to own one of these rare Models. When i first joined this forum, it was this particular watch that i wanted information on. The experts helped me by telling me the year that some of the genuine models that they knew to have " suffered " this mix up with the Dial paints, they told me it was the first year of the 4130 all singing, all dancing Rolex in house movement., year 2000, ( P serial ) and that they called it the Transitional Dial. Beware though because i am reliably informed that there are people out there with " Doctored Dials " ready to put in any Daytona. I can vouch for mine as i bought it new, and it is a P serial.
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote