View Single Post
Old 22 February 2012, 12:53 PM   #12
Perpetuator
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
As i stated earlier i am fortunate enough to own one of these rare Models. When i first joined this forum, it was this particular watch that i wanted information on. The experts helped me by telling me the year that some of the genuine models that they knew to have " suffered " this mix up with the Dial paints, they told me it was the first year of the 4130 all singing, all dancing Rolex in house movement., year 2000, ( P serial ) and that they called it the Transitional Dial. Beware though because i am reliably informed that there are people out there with " Doctored Dials " ready to put in any Daytona. I can vouch for mine as i bought it new, and it is a P serial.
Thanks Paulie. I did a little investigation, and everything you mentioned is consistent with the information that I found. Nice watch!

Seller is overseas, asking 3K but willing to do 2650 USD. The dial is untouched and sealed in packaging, would be great to have to swap out on my G serial 116520 some day. As rare as it is, I still don't think I can bring myself to throw down that type of scratch on just a dial
Perpetuator is offline   Reply With Quote