View Single Post
Old 29 February 2012, 07:00 AM   #14
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
I had an older PO black bezel with orange number 42mm. There were things I loved about that watch and things I didn't.

The things I didn't like: Whether the slower beat rate or just my particular watch, the second hand was very jerky when it swept. That really bugged me. It did keep excellent time though. The other thing was the matte black dial. In certain lights, the AR coating made it look great. However in others, it was the ugliest flat grey color you have ever seen. Made the watch look really cheap.

The things I liked: Just about everything else... comfort was beyond great, fit and finish - excellent, lume - outstanding (beats the pants off Rolex), bracelet - a thing of beauty, caseback engraving- beautiful...I could go on.

In the end, I opted to sell it and another watch to fund my Sub C and haven't looked back. However with the 8500 movement, screws in the bracelet, display back, glossier dial, and ceramic bezel.... if I didn't own the Sub C already, it would be a hard decision between that and the new PO. However, I probably wouldn't buy the older one again. There are also MANY accounts of problems with the 2500 movement. Many have experienced problems (one of the most common seems to be the movement just stopping out of the blue) and others have had theirs for years without a hiccup. Good luck with your decision!
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote