View Single Post
Old 21 March 2012, 12:55 AM   #1
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
planet ocean 8500 42mm review

i would just like to give some feedback on my new omega planet ocean 8500 42mm orange numbers(sorry the reference is too long and i havent memorized it yet)

its really a beautiful watch. ceramic bezel is beautiful. i love the traditional rachet mechanism. the 42mm case is just right (makes the dial bigger) but overall doesnt seem big (since with bezel). the lugs are tapering down and slim. just some touches of polish (still a diver/tool). the raised numerals, markers, hands shine with just a small amount of light. the dial is matte black i thought that would be a turn off but actually the dial has many faces. most of the time it's deep black.

the case is thick.(thick watches constantly remind me its there so i tend to be careful and not bump it around) it's heavy too (im guessing 180-200grams) even heavier than my pam. i would like to wear this watch everyday (but i would just have to get used to the weight). its a little top heavy so better wear it snug.

the links are brushed, thick and heavy duty, a real diver. comfortable enough but oyster bracelet is better. but for omega, the bracelet matches the watch perfectly.

the see through case back helps stick the watch to my wrist. the black hair spring is odd and refreshing. beautiful movement. winding is a quiet "whirrrr" not clicks.

the AR coating is amazing and the lume is very strong. blue and green make it more visible.

a true diver. i now have the complete set: mask, c-card, omega sm PO. but i doubt i will bring this beast/baby diving. its a beast at the same time a beauty.

perfectly made. backed up by omega's high tech manufacturing and materials.
60hours power reserve and 4 years warranty. is an added bonus. This is my first omega and i think i have hit the jackpot. Where has omega been all this time? why are they only waking up now?

no remorse whatsoever. i also dont have that infatuated feeling. instead i feel that this is a watch that i would want to keep forever.

customary wrist shot. not a fan of unboxing. if you're looking for a subdate, you should look at the PO too. im sorry rolex i have cast my vote.
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote