View Single Post
Old 11 October 2007, 02:17 PM   #17
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
I would only be concern if a Rolex is a fake if someone was trying to sell it to me. I don't see the point of trying to find out if a coworker's watch is a fake or not.

Lets look at the two possible outcomes here. If it's an authentic LV, the guy got a really good deal and Incurable would probably feel crappy for suspecting that it was a fake.
Nah... If he knowingly/willingly bought a replica, it makes no nevermind to me.

Quote:
If it does end up being a fake, Incurable would feel good about himself, but there's friction between him and this coworker. Nobody wins in this situation.
There's no victory to be had here. I wouldn't feel good or bad. It's about the truth, not me.

Quote:
And seriously, I would be annoyed if one of my coworkers accused me of wearing a fake Rolex.
I'm really not accusing him of anything. I am not taking a morally superior position on this at all. If it's actually stolen, I would have a problem with that. Realistically, I am not going to get the opportunity to discover that one way or the other. The fact that he seems ambivalent about it does serve to help me further understand him and his borders. I don't think he wants to know because it would become a moral dilemma to him as well if it were genuine and stolen. In that case, you're right, it's a no-win situation.

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote