View Single Post
Old 25 May 2012, 01:47 PM   #60
pawnshopkiller
Banned

Watch: 16618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep04 View Post
I read through the whole thread and while I know NOTHING about vintage watches let alone sales, I will not give an opinion to that regard.

However, since you have offered your opinion on the matter when you don't have a dog in this fight (pressumably), I feel that you could receive opinions on your posts.

You are coming off a bit defensive and strong for a member that himself has many watches on the For Sale forum. I, for one, would be scared to enter into any business dealing with you when it is clear you will stonewall the buyer should there be any discrepancy. The seller is ALWAYS going to be a seller and should ALWAYS make the customer happy. Unless the buyer is trying to scam you, you should ALWAYS make sure the buyer is happy. It is sound business practice. I have been in business since I left high school and it has always been my business philosophy which has carried me fairly far.

Take what I say for what it is worth and not a criticism. Step back and do yourself a favor. I highly doubt you are gaining any customer's trust with your posts. Notice the Moscos, DavidSWs etc have steered clear of this controversy like they do all others.

You have no idea who you are talking to. I have more watches then most sellers here. I have a Shop in my community where my reputation is strong and flawless so I could care less if you wouldn't buy a watch from me as I don't need the forum to sell anything.

Steve is my friend and I myself have just went through a ordeal shipping a watch into the USA and had it stopped by customs and had to pay Duties and taxes which is exactly what will happen to Steve if this fella who didn't do his homework before he bought a watch and then didn't bother to inspect it for a month returns the watch...

So say what you will at the end of the day most of the people reading this will still be a wanna be or a hater and I will still have 64 Rolex watches.