View Single Post
Old 26 May 2012, 05:21 AM   #112
michel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
I have read the original fs advert looking specifically for any claims of originality or statement of non-originality.

Neither.

The wholeness was placed on the buyer to ask the correct question and this didn't happen it appears. Can't say that I like that technique but there you go.

Wel all know the Vintage Rolex business is risky , and this is why some of us, who are not experts, want to "buy the seller" first, for a smooth deal, without issues regarding the authenticity or the originality of the watch.
And the Originality of the watch is implied in the advert and the price, and then clearly confirmed in the later mails of the seller, without any doubt.....
Do you mean that his responses stating that the dial is original to the watch do not bind him? Legally they do anyway.(Though I hope it won't go so far...).

I do not see the benefit of buying to a reputable seller if the advert is purposely worded in an ambiguous or tricky way, but I'm sure the seller, as he strongly maintained that the dial is original, did not intend to do so and that he and the buyer will sort this out.
This Forum should be a safe place for collectors imho.