View Single Post
Old 1 June 2012, 04:31 AM   #19
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
You have your answers on the negotiating.

No one has answered your Technology Package question. I have it on my wife's car, a 2009 MDX. Absolutely worthless. You think it is cool to have the backup camera and all those voice commands, but the camera you quickly find out is pretty worthless. The car has great visibility when looking back and the mirrors are great. The voice instructions are worthless, the blue tooth is not as good as my BMW.

The car rides great and has decent power, etc. I will say the leather is not up to par with the rest of the car. It is already looking more worn than my much older BMW. Now the price of the MDX is much cheaper than an X5, so I'm not talking anyone out of Acura as I might get another one when the time comes, but just wanted to point out the short commings of the car/truck, which are the leather and the tech package.
+1 all the comments above...tech package is not worth the price of admission at retail on a new MDX IMO. I bought my wife's 09 MDX tech last spring and only got the tech because I bought used in a private sale at a good price...otherwise I would have bought base. The nav and interface is just way too complex. Agree with the above on the leather...it's OK but not the quality I would expect for what is easily a $60K+ out the door vehicle here in Canada. I know if I paid anywhere near that I would feel ripped off (and I am a die hard honda/acura fan). The bluetooth is also hit and miss, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't connect, or drops out. Overall, low marks on the tech package from me....just glad I paid 40% less than MSRP for mine....I personally think the MDX is overpriced for what you get.
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote