View Single Post
Old 28 July 2012, 12:32 AM   #84
CaveDiver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
Thanks for the info on Rolex Parts Accounts Rikki. While I trust that you have one, would be great if we could check Rolex Parts Accounts status for other repairers not here on the forum. I would think Rolex would have had some simple way to let clients do the check and would have been an added carrot to attracting more watchmakers. If there is no transparency on this by Rolex, all we have to depend on is what we are told with no means to verify it. Most would like to trust but also verify(Think that was Ronald Reagan who said that:))!
I think I have posted this before in another tread.   AWCI has a web site and a search feature to look up members and their accreditation.  However, the search appears not to be complete.   To explain in further detail:  back a few years ago the site had a feature to search by name.  That feature is no longer available.  The only search is by region (by zip code).  There is an advanced search section but that feature is not that helpful either.   Two of the watchmakers in the Dallas area listed in this thread do not show up with the search.  If these watchmakers still have an active membership they should contact the AWCI and express their concern that consumers cannot confirm their membership and what certifications they have that are currently active.  

As mentioned above in this thread, if a watchmaker does not maintain CMxx certifications, they cannot hold a Rolex parts account. 
Unfortunately (as of a few years ago) Rolex will only hand you a AWCI card and send you on your way.  Just to clarify, just because a watchmaker is a member or CMxx certified, it does not mean they have a Rolex parts account.
There are ways to verify with Rolex RSCs, but those methods are not direct or simple.
Cheers,
CD
CaveDiver is offline   Reply With Quote