View Single Post
Old 13 August 2012, 01:03 AM   #20
boursachi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr80 View Post
That is actually a great comparison....too bad I can't get anywhere near either one....but if I do hit the lotto in the near future, I will enjoy my RM as I take the Zonda out for a spin :)
never say never bro :) hard work pays off

Quote:
Originally Posted by patek.wis View Post
I see them as the 'Franck muller' of this decade. Wait ten years and I don't think they'll be relevant. I'm sorry in advance but I truly believe this.
AP on the other hand. Awesome :)
i have heard this "franck muller of the decade" phrase a few times now and cannot gather what it means really :) FM makes some incredible movements and the styling and designs has its market. have their prices dropped significantly in the preowned mkt?!

RM started out with Massa in F1 but obviously the past 2yrs have not been a coincidence: Nadal, Watson, now Blake, and Manchester City football club .. all this marketing will just make the brand more desirable for more people who 'like cool' watches and not necessarily love watchmaking.
pretty sure we can agree a lot of the rolex/AP wearers are like that (no shame in that whatsoever) and this is what drives business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrk View Post
I like RM and look forward to learning more about them and seeing how they develop as a manufacture, if they do develop that way. Right now, they seem to have some interesting design ideas.

What's with the $6,000 minimum service fees? What is that about and can someone please provide something in the way of substantiation of this?
no idea about the $6k figure, and not sure what service is required
would be glad to learn more about this
boursachi is offline   Reply With Quote