View Single Post
Old 13 August 2012, 06:44 AM   #27
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarchiegoodwin View Post
Did my reply post? Maybe not.

I went from AP to RM. Big differences in my experience.

AP service in Clearwater was so kind. I spoke to 3 staff there about fixing my old chronograph. It was fixed and returned to me beautifully packaged and with 5 pages of explanation and the old parts.

The RM AD in Beverly Hills (my town doesn't have an AD) was snooty (the opposite of the RM Boutique in Hong Kong) to me and acted as though it was a nuisance to send my watch (RM005 FM Ti) to the factory in Switzerland for service. I heard nothing for 6 weeks until the AD phoned and I arranged to have it mailed to me. It arrived in a big mailing box with no packing inside--just my Tupperware rolling around with the watch. No paperwork, no parts, no explanation. The watch was working again, but the attitude and lack of paperwork were disappointing. Not wanting to go through that again, I retired the watch to my sock drawer.

Another not so wonderful RM experience: I had to get a new band and the Carmel AD sold me 2 in different colors. Afterword I realized could not change the band myself. That requires RM tools that are not for sale.
WOW. What a huge disappointment that must have been, after spending serious $$ on the watch.

Very glad to hear about the AP experience though

Clearwater seems to always exceed expecations, and is yet another reason to purchase AP products. You want a company that will take care of you AFTER the sale
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote