View Single Post
Old 13 August 2012, 11:55 AM   #65
Power Play
"TRF" Member

Oh yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
sounds like a porsche 911 my favorite car for that very reason.

Desmond, you raise good points, i don't doubt the history is there for omega, but lets take just the speedmaster line for example
(speedy pro aside as we both completely agree on that),
when you look at all the 2011 catalog of models of speedmaster for example, there is a version with no date, a date at the 6 oclock position, a date at the 3 oclock position and finally a date between the 4 and 5 oclock position.

(compare this to the rolex daytona, even when they moved away from the zenith movement and started producing their own, they realized the importance of keeping the design the same.)

if omega cant decide on what they believe is the best way to put together a watch, it leaves at least this customer feeling as though they are not confident in their designs, they have also had several movement options and 2 different hand options.

optional choices can be a great thing but the process waters down the perceived value, which is indicated by the resale on these variant models.
again looking at the speedy pro which maintains a high resale, why, because it is the same as it ever was, the consumer doesn't feel like their getting last years model.

just my opinion, my first great watch was an omega, i am a fan but if we are talking timeless design, i would have to give it to rolex and porshce 911

Totally with you about the 911!!!

Oh yeah, with you on the watches, too.

Power Play is offline   Reply With Quote