View Single Post
Old 16 August 2012, 08:40 AM   #22
Java
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkwn98 View Post
Perhaps; but it's my opinion and my opinion is what counts for me. Really weird designs and some of those enormous chronos were just comical - small(ish) El Primero movement, resulting in ridiculously close together chrono sub-dials.

Also, interesting you say I'm overly dismissive, in light of some slightly more direct comments, to wit:
Of course. What counts more than anything is an individuals personal opinion about the watches he likes, respects and ultimately would want to wear.
It must be that way. Watches really don't do anything for us (I frequently get pilloried for saying this) that our iphones don't already do better. We don't need them. So it is about wanting them and that is very personal.
I am a huge fan of Zenith. For their history, their massive horological achievements and some of the beautiful and magnificently well made watches they create, at prices that are extremely reasonable when compared to their competition.
That said, I am the first to admit that there was a period of time, under Nataf, when they produced some really awful watches, albeit, well made awful watches. :-)