View Single Post
Old 5 September 2012, 05:50 AM   #15
Eric5964
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Brtlg
Thanks for the info. It was sold in Apr 2012, so hopefully issues are rectified, if not I will have the majority of the warranty to fall back on. I may end up with a 9300 down the road as well, but the older dial is more to my liking. I made the deal and should get it Thursday...more to follow....but I am excited. I had the older smaller PO with orange bezel, but sold it as it seemed small and did not have the chrono functions. I knew one day I would return to the orange PO chrono, and getting one mint just a few months old is even better!

EricE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarJnK View Post
When I answered above, I was under the impression that the pam was a full size model, the pic is a bit misleading as it doesn't look like a 40mm. In hindsight, I would say the value is closer than I originally thought, probably $500 apart in favor of the pam, given the bracelet. So with that in mind it would become more of a visual preference, and if the POC does it for you then go for it. Regarding your PM about the movements reliability, I do not know if later examples were immune to the issues, I can only say from experience that the one I owned started acting up, losing time, and then stopped running, exactly as anticipated from the other owners I had read about. It was rectified under warranty and ran flawlessly after that. If you dont know the service history or build date of the POC, you do take a gamble. I wouldn't consider it unless it has a warranty. I recently picked up a POC 9300 for $5100 used, and I would highly recommend that you save a few more dollars and try and go with the newer model, well worth the extra money.

Watch addict
Michigan
Eric5964 is offline   Reply With Quote