View Single Post
Old 8 September 2012, 11:26 PM   #25
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr80 View Post
Thanks a lot, this was very informative. I actually never realized that PP used Lemania movements. I always thought that PP used in-house. I guess they are now getting more and more of their own in the line.

I saw looking at the 5070 last night and noticed the same thing when it was changed to 5170.
They used to indeed and are working on having only completely in-house movements. I believe it's the same with the 5070 (a Lemania based movement) v.s. the 5170 (in-house movement), I'll need another confirmation or correction here though...

In the end, it just doesn't really matter to me, they all remain masterpieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
The 5970 is not in production anymore--as for me I would take one all day long over a 5270!! To me the 5070P and 5960P are two of the nicest Pateks ever made as well as most sought after as there are so few around--especially the 5070P which was made for less than a year before retirement with around 200 out there.
That's what I thought, I do prefer it myself despite its busier dial (the size and possible case materials are much better to me). As for the 5070, it is a real classic indeed (although the 5170 would probably fit me better).
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote