View Single Post
Old 22 October 2012, 04:54 PM   #40
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
I am not sure about refference correct as I do not know? Lets assume I am an original owner of a 1970 red submariner and every 10 years I send it back to Rolex for service. I am not a watch guru just a guy that bought a sub in 1970 and sent it back to them for service and decide to sell it to you as my original 1 owner sub.You purchase it and latter after a tear down examination discover the case back is a service 1 the crown and insert and even dial and hands are too.You come back to me and say hey the watch you sold me wasn't original and I say your crazy I bought it new and only rolex has ever touched it. You tell me about the dial and hands etc and I say what are you talking about....take it to rolex and ask them if its original or not here is all the receipts. Who is right and who is wrong ?This is why the BUYER must Do Due Diligence prior to looking to buy and buying.Those that dont spend time in this area are always at risk of the unknown (either unintentional or intentional). I too have made mistakes rushing etc in the past. I learn something new every day now
Gotta agree with Greekbum's comments in his two posts. The buyer needs to do some homework too! I had a guy buying a GMT from me a while back and I could tell he was asking me questions that he didn't have a clue about. He asked me about the color of my date wheel, the stlyle of font found on the number three from the date wheel and he also asked me if the Rolex font on the dial had a "long E.". Finally I asked him why he was asking me these questions and he said he had read somewhere on a forum about variations in date wheels and dial fonts. I asked him what mine should be and he didn't have a clue. We chuckled at his response and I told him what was correct and that mine did have the correct dial and date wheel. I suggested that in the future, he might want to know the answers to his questions before they are asked. It is a basic premise that some lawyers forget sometimes - but that is another story.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote