View Single Post
Old 1 November 2012, 02:40 PM   #114
MellyVinelli
"TRF" Member

My dad received it as a gift from my gramps when he sailed across the Pacific from Hong Kong to Canada to attend university. It was bought new at the time.

He wore it regularly at the beginning but soon had it stored in a safe for almost 30 years. It was brought to an AD last month where the Rolex technician actually came down from his bunker because the sales associate called up about a "red" submariner. It took a month to service (pressure test, new acrylic, gaskets, and oil). I'm not much of a photographer so I wasn't able to get a straight shot of the dial without getting an annoying reflection. But here is a partial serial number that was written down by the technician:

S/N: 3302XXXX IV.72

I've only recently read up on details regarding the red sub and am curious to know what level of fatness my bezel font is as I am still having trouble identifying them. Also, how much patina is considered ideal? Although pictures aren't the best, how would you rate the patina? Any info would be great! And what MK is it? MKIII/IV?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0263.jpg (73.0 KB, 750 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0021.jpg (68.4 KB, 744 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0019.jpg (52.0 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0023.jpg (42.5 KB, 739 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (80.8 KB, 738 views)
MellyVinelli is offline   Reply With Quote