View Single Post
Old 18 November 2012, 11:47 PM   #54
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: ST:TNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
How many of you guys have owned BOTH? I honestly can say that without long-term wear, it's very difficult to get past any judgements based solely on superficial features. Both are marvelous watches and were in consideration for my next dive watch. I lived with both for some time but ultimately decided the Pelagos (and even the BPFF) were better suited for my purposes.
I haven't owned both. I don't think any of the watches are bad per se. I think the DSSD is too big for my tastes and over kill for diving, since the deepest anyone goes is around 120 ft. The deepest I have ever been is 60-70 ft! The AP is more reasonable in size, and I like how it looks, but it is not my first choice for a diving watch or for an AP watch in general (the skeleton RO automatic was my first AP choice!). In terms of diving watches I loved the TT SubC Bluesy and the BPFF Dark Knight. Though, I don't dive with any of my watches on. I actually end up using dive computers instead; it is just more convenient and easier than using dive tables or calculators.
QueueCumber is offline   Reply With Quote