View Single Post
Old 22 November 2012, 11:19 AM   #52
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
As far as I know a whole lot of people still care about the way they present themselves in public, I just think that fashion and styles have changed and, obviously, not everybody can be happy with the said changes. Saying that society has gotten lax in the manner in which it presents itself is some kind of a judgement, some people will work hard on looking in a way that would, in your opinion, be qualified as a lack of style and they will do it because they like the way they look.

I for one buy and wear clothes I like and I don't think I strictly follow any style. Sure, I do take some advice from people around me (in fact, I took a lot of great advice in the attire thread of this very forum) and I keep an open mind if somebody tells me this or that piece of clothing would suit me but if I don't like it I don't buy it to please somebody else. All in all, I'd rather let people judge me on my personality and what I do than what I wear and I'd rather do the very same with the others, whether they are celebrities or not.

Well said.

EDIT: Please accept my apologies for hijacking this thread, it is not my intention and I do strongly hope my comments don't offend anybody.
I don't have a problem with casual as I tend to wear jeans with nice tshirts or sports shirts quite often myself. I have more of a problem with rumpled however. But tis one man's opinion.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote