View Single Post
Old 1 January 2013, 01:53 PM   #102
nishant
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC NS Chrono GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
I honestly felt the same way the first time I tried on a DS when they first came out. It bothered me so much I actually passed on buying it. Then, after a few weeks of thinking about it I decided to buy anyway. I went on to wear the DSSD everyday for a little over 2 years. And I'll happily admit not only did I learn to appreciate the tapered bracelet, it actually became one of the things I absolutely fell in love with about the watch.

The logic of the design stood out after spending some time with it. It definitely helped to cut down on the overall mass of the watch and helped to provide a more appropriate sized clasp IMO. The disproportionate look stands out more in pictures and when handling the watch off the wrist; but once it goes on your wrist the difference does not look as severe.

As a comparison, as I look at my new POC 9300 without any taper I think the bracelet is a tad too wide around the clasp...almost to the point I think it cheapens the overall look of the bracelet because it's so bulky.
Very well said ... Agree completely
nishant is offline   Reply With Quote