View Single Post
Old 12 January 2013, 10:27 AM   #30
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
sadly i don't think that is so true anymore.... we used to get at least a dozen or so a year surfacing 'fresh' from original owners...but the explosion in the internet and of prices from about 2006/7 i think sucked out most already and has really slowed that down to a trickle now , and many of the ones we have seen recently have been the 'more civiliansied , it would be easy not to realise what you have as they don't look that different' type ...

the cd ( clearance divers) and sbs and army air corp guys have all had a run around each other trying to buy and sell them and theres very few being held

other problem is now that HH has left and Rolex Uk wont confirm issue numbers etc , any that do surface can only at best be checked over by experts to 'fit' what we know....

1000 watches ish supplied, we know multiple hundreds were destroyed and put in concrete and sank to the bottom of the bay, we know many didnt survive service full stop...we can account for about 250-300 ish with collectors between our respective databases , (less than a third full spec....) after many years of cataloguing...watches in the wild...i think it'll be measured in tens not hundreds.....
Why were they destroyed and put in concrete and sank?

Thx
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote