View Single Post
Old 23 January 2013, 02:08 AM   #12
mfer
"TRF" Member

I would call it alot of passion, both positive and negative. Also, people are also very critical anytime new stuff comes out. This occurs everwhere IMHO, even Rolex. When the "smurf" came out, the majority seemed to hate it. When the latest sky dweller, the same. Now, these models seem to be very hot.

Also, I think some people are being very critical of SE's. They look at them as being an investment. I can see it slightly, but it is a risk as with any investment. I think the two bronzo's are different enough, but hey I'm not that partial to either.

Also, we are the enthusiast community, but the vast majority of watch buyers are not enthusiast, they are people who just want a cool watch. That means chronos and busier dials for the most part. Enthusiast want DNA, simple, etc.

I'm glad they did "only" 3 SE's this year. Also, they didn't start poping out Rad 1940 cases that compete with the 399. They are taking there time there, making a date version for the more average collector, giving the 399 owners time to appreciate their pieces with the beautiful movement. I think they did this poorly with the 425 release v 373. I would be very pissed if I bought a 373. I feel that is what some 382 owners are feeling now (those that bought after-market prices especially).

I'm not jumping ship on Panerai. I just got a 232 and am happy as a clam. I know that one day they may a similiar model, but I'm still happy. I won't be estatic about the new model, but I'm willing to accept it. It just needs to be more different, not like the 425 (ss pig) v 373 (pt no pig).
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote