View Single Post
Old 7 February 2013, 03:50 PM   #70
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Thanks for the great review! I can totally relate to what you have gone through to get the watch you really love.

I have bought and sold a lot of watches myself over the past few years. Last week, I tried on the Sub ND 114060 for the first time. There is really nothing about that watch that I would change.

At the moment, I have the 36mm Explorer I. Even though it has the older Oyster bracelet with the hollow center links, it is a small watch, so it doesn't bother me. Having said that, when I put on the new Sub ND, I just feel that everything is right.

I also have an Omega Speedmaster "moonwatch" which is 42mm. It feels too big a lot of the time.

I have spent a lot of time going through watches trying to find the perfect size, and I believe the Sub is it. I have a feeling that I might just be selling my other watches to buy one. The Subs, according to my AD, are discounted rarerly now, and if so, very little.

I don't have a lot of money, and I have lost a lot in buying and selling watches. But I'm not crying about it. I love having a nice watch on my wrist, and the money is no object compared to the fun I have had.

You did the right thing, and I am more than certain nobody can tell you otherwise!

Cheers,
Carl