View Single Post
Old 13 February 2013, 11:54 PM   #74
skyman51
Banned

Watch: 114060 ND SUB C
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
A couple of things.

I have had 5 Rolex watches in the past five years. And a panerai. I have never kept any of them for more than 5 months.

I started off with a DJ.. then a GMT2c.. Then a GMT (non-C)...Then a Deepsea... Then a Sub C. And a PAM 312 was in there somewhere.

I have never paid full retail for a watch, most of those watches I got for 20% off Retail at least NIB with the exception of the GMT which was used.

For one reason or another, those watches I knew were flippers... I would wear them for a couple months and make a profit selling..

I have never bothered writing a review on a watch.

That is until now.

I can keep myself keeping this watch and passing it on to one of my boys.
I did pay full retail, cause when I tried it on, I wouldnt take it off.

THIS AINT YOUR DADDYS SUB.

Many people say the great thing about the previous ND was that "ITS SO LIGHT, YOUR FORGET ITS THERE"..

I say bull. I dont want something so light, to the point it feels cheap.

I had the opportunity to buy a SUB 14060M, at a very cheap price. It was a safe queen... It was offered to me BNIB for $5k. I politely declined. Because it came with the caveat that I could not sell it, it would have to be my personal daily wearer.

When I tried on the 14060M, it felt soooo ancient and behind the times. Some people like that "classic" feeling, but not me. And that bracelet and clasp? No thanks.

When I tried on the SUBc ND, It felt just right on my 6.5 inch wrist. Perfect weight, symmetrical, and the gloss from the Cerachrom bezel was the icing on the cake. Some people say its too glossy, but that personal preference. It has just the right amount of bling.

The best thing for me though.. Is just the clean, clean profile.. You can see what i mean from the first pic below. The lack of cyclops really does just make this a thing of beauty.

I cant say much more about the bracelet.. Everyone knows by know that Rolex makes an amazing bracelet and clasp.

I have a prediction. I bet this will be one of Rolex's Top Sellers. I do not know how well the 14060M sold, but I heard it was a really bad seller. Probably from the reasons I listed.

But the $7500 MSRP on this watch I believe is justified.

Bracelet, ceramic bezel, blue lume, clasp, symmetrical beauty.. all add up to the perfect rolex.... FOR ME.

Could not have said it any better. I have been wearing Rolex sport watches for over 35 years and the 114060 ND SUB C is the best of all hands down!
skyman51 is offline   Reply With Quote