View Single Post
Old 30 December 2007, 10:51 AM   #1
dkpw
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 & 214270
2008 - Year of the Rolex

Hi,

I've been lurking for a wee while now on TRF and thought it would be good to come out of the shadows.

What a great place this forum is and what a pleasure it is to see the quality of posts from knowledgeable and friendly members, willing to share their experiences and advice with all. I'm a firm believer in researching any future purchase and I could not have come to a better place.

I'm the IT Manager for an Ad Agency in Edinburgh, Scotland and have always loved wrist watches, particularly diver's and particularly Rolexes.

I had a Rolex DateJust way back in the late 80s but reluctantly had to sell it to meet some legal fees. I've wanted another ever since then.

I currently own a 10 year old TAG 1500 Sports which was the nearest thing I could find and then afford approximating to a 16610 Submariner. It's a great watch, although it's just too small on my wrist at 38mm and it's not a Rolex.

As it's fast approaching new year, I have made only one resolution for 2008 - to have a brand new 16610 Sub on my wrist by my birthday in September. The saving starts now!

Happy new year!

Regards,

dkpw
dkpw is offline   Reply With Quote