View Single Post
Old 23 February 2013, 11:42 PM   #65
brady
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes please
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
If you trade that many for the PP, you're probably going to lose some value. IMO I'd list all my watches, favorite to least, and start selling them off in the reverse order. Stop when you can no longer bear to be separated from a watch. Then add cash and get your PP.
Great advice in my opinion - if a PP is something you are serious about. If you believe you may regret that decision, saving the cash without selling some or all of your collection may be a better route.

One other thing to think about on the trade, I traded my first Rolex (Exp 2) many years ago for a 240z. I ended up really missing that watch and regretted selling it. Luckily when the time was right financially my good friend was completely willing to sell it back to me. Maybe it is just a strange quirk of mine but I wouldn't have been satisfied with a different Exp 2. I ended up giving it to my wife and feel a lot better having it back in our house. To make a long story short (sorry I can get winded) if one of those watches is your first you may want to consider holding on to it and making up the difference in cash.

Luckily PP isn't going anywhere so it's not like you need to make this decision in haste. Your Rolex heavy collection is probably appreciating in value at the speed or close to PP so a delay in the decison to ensure you're making the right one for YOU shouldn't hurt the pocketbook much.

Good luck in your pondering.
brady is offline   Reply With Quote