Thread: Aargh!
View Single Post
Old 30 December 2005, 09:44 PM   #1
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Aargh!

Not that I'm getting anal retentive about accuracy, but this is ridiculous.

Just a few weeks ago, I had my SD regulated at the Singapore RSC, and the technician said that it was running at +1 second per day when he was done (it was at +10 when he got his hands on it).

This afternoon I checked my watch against www.time.gov and it was 30 seconds slow, so I synced it again. four hours later it seems to have lost about three quarters of a second, and it's looking to go past the -4 COSC spec.

This is getting to be irritating, especially since it was just regulated and seemed to run fine for ten days. Does anybody have any ideas why it's behaving this way and what I can do about it? the only thing I can think of is the move from Singapore to Melbourne, but since it's summer there's not much of a temperature difference, and in any case, it's gone from being fast to being slow. It's about 18 months old and should be a long way away from its first service, so I'm just wondering why it's suddenly behaving so erratically.