View Single Post
Old 4 April 2013, 04:49 AM   #34
CSD1
"TRF" Member

DeepSea negativity unwarranted

After reading all the negative comments about the DeepSea I passed on buying this watch on 2 different occiasions over the past year. I wanted it for my collection since I already own a few Subs and GMTs but the comments I read (on this forum and a couple others) made me think the watch was not only too big but an overall bad decision. "Not a practical watch"..."writing inside was obnoxious"..."bracelet is too small for such a big watch"...etc.

While I appreciate the comments and realize this watch may not be for everyone I strongly disagree with all the negativity. My guess is those that say negative things about the watch are those that don't want to pony up the cost. I just received mine and all I can say is, it is awesome. It is no bigger than any of the other watches in this category (accept for a bit thicker) and i'm not sure why all the negativity.

I love the Ceramic Subs, the Ceramic GMT...same goes for the DeepSea. It makes me happy to have such a "beefy" watch, especially since it's Rolex quality and tradition. I have just over a 7" wrist and it looks perfectly fine, all the comments I read made me think if I purchased the watch people would stop and ask me if they could use the toaster I have strapped to my wrist. I guess some people just feel better about complaining, i'm sure those are the ones that don't want to spend the money to purchase what I would consider to be one of Rolex finest watches. Guess you can't believe everything you read is the moral of the story.

If you are considering this watch take it from me it is a keeper, don't let negative comments lead you in the wrong direction. If you have a small wrist size (I consider my 7-7.25" wrist on the smaller side) the watch isn't as "scary" and huge as some have said and it may suit you just fine.
CSD1 is offline   Reply With Quote