View Single Post
Old 11 April 2013, 09:37 AM   #19
Steve748
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2c & LVc
Early this year I called in and my first impressions was not good as I found the display cabinets all untidy like it had just been robbed!

I had with me a '68 5512, an Omega Seamaster Banana (with box), a Omega F2.4 MegaQuartz Stardust (with box) and a JLC Master Calender on a bracelet along with a leather strap and the original box but no booklets.

Albert professed to know nothing about the 'Banana' and the 'Stardust' said he would have trouble selling them and offered me a very low price for them as he said he didn't really want them.
I wasn't too impressed when his assistant asked me if The Rolex was a 5513 when it was clearly a 4 line sub.
Albert said the JLC and the 5512 were very nice and he would be interested in buying them and offered me $10k for both of them with the JLC on the bracelet.

They have recently had in stock a couple of JLC Master calender like mine on a leather strap and they were advertised at $7900 and they have sold very quickly.

It seems to me a good place to buy if you are prepared to pay more but not so good if you are selling.

I sold the 5512 in the UK for £5250 ($8k) so I am glad I didn't accept his offer.
Steve748 is offline   Reply With Quote