Thread: Has Anyone...
View Single Post
Old 3 January 2006, 07:18 PM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Rolex
Lucky...very lucky. to have a dealer like that. The one I have dealt with here in the desert seems to want to sell to the tourists and could care less about locals.

That is why I brought up the question of dealing with Furman. I am looking for a way out of the local dealer.

If they would just knock a little off and skip the sales theatrics, I would buy the watch.

What made me upset is that they told me I will never see a Green Sub, or SS Daytona from them, no way. Now, I don't want to sound like a snob, but I make alot of money and when I hear that kind of crap it makes me want to buy from the gray dealer, pay the extra money, get the watches and have fun with them.

Again, I am not a snob and the gray dealer mark up is nothing to me. I would rather pay more and just get them with out a hassle, and at the same time not give the local any business, not to mention taxes.

Frustrated,

The President
Might I suggest something at this point. If money is no object, then why bother with your local AD (who is a useless SOB anyway) or with Furman!!

Just take a short flight to the nearest state next to yours and visit a genuine Rolex dealer. The rest should be easy, I guess!

Good luck and do keep us posted.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote