View Single Post
Old 6 May 2013, 11:15 PM   #12
CMT
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys, It's been two days and it's already loosened up a bit to the point where it doesn't feel quite as constricting on my wrist. I already love the thing and it's making me impatient - I want it to immediately take on all its awesome qualities without the actual breaking-in part of breaking it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Nice one!

By my count, that's four straps in TEN years? Wow! You clearly haven't been infected with the "strap virus."
I was at first. I initially added a third of the price of the purchase to my 112 buying OEM straps from the AD, then straps from Eliot at TC, and then I won a strap case and Danish Winter Pale from Aurelio at a Boston Panerai Dinner in early 04. At one point I had a lot of straps, but only a few that I liked enough to actually wear, so I started giving the others away and never really purchased more. Maybe one here and there as a color would catch my eye.

One of my favorites is the OEM "Black Seal" strap that I bought with the watch. It began life as a yellow strap but took on a deep mustard patina as it broke in over the years. I wish I had a better photo uploaded than this worthless cell phone pic:

It's color has changed a lot over the years and it's supremely comfortable. When I can bear to remove this Su I'll have to take a few photos as it's all funky, nasty, and 100% OG legit.
CMT is offline   Reply With Quote