View Single Post
Old 12 May 2013, 02:30 AM   #7
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
5070R all day long. Classic chrono and very desirable w/ Lemania based--Patek finished movement. It is one of the most sought after Patek Chrono's and most beautiful ones they have ever made. The watch speaks for itself....Cheers,
Size-wise it's the worst choice for me but this watch is such a great model that I would much prefer it to a model from the current line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Thank you guys, so far for your answers

That's one thing that intrigues me - and therefore why I'm asking opinions for the experts -- why 5070 that holds a simpler and non inhouse movt is so highly prized ?

isn't the 5960 much more complicated and therefore in higher rank?

thanks so much
As far as I know when it comes to Patek even if they have non in-house movements the discontinued older models gain much more value than the ones from the current line. Some of those models have been produced only in very small quantities and although they may be less complicated than other recent ones the fact that they are now discontinued makes them big collectible items. I am far from being an expert but some of those references only have a few hundred models all over the world.

Perhaps somebody can correct me on that one but PP has a few models that have become big collectible items over the years, whether they are in-house and complicated or not.
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote