View Single Post
Old 5 January 2006, 03:45 PM   #1
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the advice

Hello again.
I can't thank you all enough for the warm welcome and advice. I went to a couple of AD's today and tried on all three of the watches I mentioned in my last thread. You guys were right, neither the DJ nor Explorer 1 measured up next to the GMT. The AD's in town would only take 5% off of the GMT and neither of them had both red/black and black bezel in stock.
I'm going to take a ride with a buddy to an AD not too far from here on Tuesday. From what I understand he has both models in stock. I want to look at the red/black and all black bezel side by side. If he will take 10% off I'll be bringing the one that smiles the brightest at me home.
I had all but ruled out the GMT completely because of the price and the fact that I already had a bigger watch. The price difference really isn't that big of a deal and my Omega is nice, but it's just not a Rolex. If it were not for your feed back I probably would have made a big mistake. Thank you all very much. I look forward to talking with you all in the future.
Oh and JJ, that was one hell of a gentle reminder. Thanks.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote