View Single Post
Old 6 June 2013, 03:38 AM   #2
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
I'm glad to see you are venturing into and enjoying the world of Fountain pens as they are a totally different writing experience over Ballpoint pens, Rollerball pens and the rest. The nib on Fountain pens seem to just glide over the paper as you write with them without applying any pressure. As a suggestion for your next Fountain pen, purchase one with a convertor or one with a piston fill(there are other types as well) so you can use bottled inks. This way you can use a variety of different colors from different manufacturers when ever you feel like a change in color. I carry two fountain pens everyday and one is filled with MontBlanc Bordeaux and the other is filled with MontBlanc Oyster gray.

I also like my Fountain pens to have gold nibs and there are many different size nibs which produce different line effects. You can also look into vintage Fountain pens from the 1920's and 1930's as many of them came with flexible gold nibs. There are so many excellent companies producing Fountain pens these days that you can really have fun checking out which ones you like.....

As for your buying experience, I understand it did not go too smoothly but the saleslady may have been new and inexperienced and maybe too embarrassed to share this with you. Give her and the store a break...go back when you are ready and I'm sure your next experience will go smoothly!!!

Take it easy.....Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote