View Single Post
Old 8 June 2013, 02:30 AM   #15
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmbs View Post
Hi there,

I will wait a while to break it in, it's on rotation so I don't wear it often. I will wear it for the next month or so and wait what happens. If is doesn't get better I will sell it. I'm not going to wait 6 months for a repair on a brand new watch. Besides that, heard enough horror stories about AP's after sales.
My experience has been the opposite. I had an issue with the crown on my two week old SS Diver. It popped out in my hand. I sent it in promptly and received first class service from AP all the way. I got an email detailing the condition of the watch the same day they received it. They emailed me the next day after a tech had a chance to look at it and told me it would be a quick fix under warranty. i had the watch back on two weeks time. Best customer service I have ever received. From then on my Diver worked great.

Contrast that with the two less than stellar experiences I have had with the Richemont group. One Panerai and one IWC. Both under warranty. I didn't hear back from them that they received my watch or what was wrong with it. With the Panerai I had to call and leave msgs with a VM b/c no one ever answered the phone. It took 4 weeks to find out what happened and then 4 months to get my watch back. The IWC I got word a little sooner, I think it was 3.5 weeks but was told my less than year old BP would not be fixed under warranty and I owed them $600. They said the case had a BIG dent in it and the watch had experienced a severe shock. I nearly fell off my chair laughing b/c I knew nothing of the sort had occurred. After 2 weeks of many many phone calls, I was finally told they would cover the tab. I got the watch back a month later with no paperwork, no receipt, nothing. Oh and there was no dent, not even a scratch. the case was perfect, just like the day I sent it in.

I hope you get it sorted. AP service in Clearwater is exceptional in my opinion. I know you are in a different country but would think and hope AP service would be consistent across the board. Good luck!
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote