View Single Post
Old 8 January 2006, 02:29 PM   #9
Atl

Watch: GMT II, new Subbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer
While shopping today in Century City (Los Angeles) I went into the Tourneau shop in the Century City Mall. Side not the Century City mall is an out door mall and on a 70 degree L.A. day it was great!

Anywho, so I go into Tourneau find the Rolex boutique and proceed to ask the salesman…

Me: "Excuse, I'm sure I already know the answer here, but do you guys have an SS Daytona in the back?"
Salesman: "Why yes we do!"
Me: "REALLY?!?!?! So any chances a regular guy off the street can buy it for msrp?" Salesman: "You may have it however it is a preowned model and we are selling it for $17,000."
Me: "What!?!?!?!? No, no the SS retails at $6975 and can be bought on the grey market for $9500 to $11000 BNIB. You must meant it's a preowned WG for $17,000."
Salesman: "No, the Daytona is a highly desirable watch, it is $17,000."

That was it; I walked straight out the door. I was truly insulted. I mean really, he insulted me, Tourneau, and himself. Either A) This guy is a complete MORON who doesn't know his own ass from his elbow when it comes to the product he is selling, B) Tourneau is an absolute JOKE when it comes to their pricing or C) BOTH OF THE ABOVE!!!!!

I have NEVER had a positive experience in ANY Tourneau store, and can not think of ANY reason why I would EVER give them my business.
I had a great experience at Tourneau of Palm Beach, Fla. I bought my last Sub date there.
Let me set the scene: beautiful day, stunning 20'something blonde(aren't they all in West Palm)salesperson, and a new shipment of sport watches from Rolex. But it got better, as they knew me from buying my Reverso there, they asked me if I wanted a drink as I looked at the watches, wine, or mineral water. I am not making this up, and yes, the Tourneau store here in Atlanta sucks as far as service. So, it was not hard to resist the purchase, truly the BEST Rolex purchase experience I've had. I then got to test drive my new purchase swimming in the warm waters of South Beach. Did I mention that the South Beach beaches are topless? As Ferris said,"if you have the means, I highly recommend it."
Go to Miami, and buy a watch!
Atl is offline   Reply With Quote