View Single Post
Old 8 January 2006, 05:49 PM   #14
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl
I had a great experience at Tourneau of Palm Beach, Fla. I bought my last Sub date there.
Let me set the scene: beautiful day, stunning 20'something blonde(aren't they all in West Palm)salesperson, and a new shipment of sport watches from Rolex. But it got better, as they knew me from buying my Reverso there, they asked me if I wanted a drink as I looked at the watches, wine, or mineral water. I am not making this up, and yes, the Tourneau store here in Atlanta sucks as far as service. So, it was not hard to resist the purchase, truly the BEST Rolex purchase experience I've had. I then got to test drive my new purchase swimming in the warm waters of South Beach. Did I mention that the South Beach beaches are topless? As Ferris said,"if you have the means, I highly recommend it."
Go to Miami, and buy a watch!
I'm sure that not ALL Tourneau associates aren't as dense as a brick, but I've been to 4 Tourneaus, NYC, LA, OC, and Vegas. With the exception of NYC, since I didn't talk to anyone there, I get the feeling that Tourneau hires 90% of their people people based on looks (which is ok when they are hot So. Fla blondes ) and only about 10% who know anything about wathces. Plus I think the Tourneau people may actually work on commision since they hound you so hard from the second you step foot into the store.

They're typically gorgeous shops with pretty good selections, but unfortunately the help is

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote