View Single Post
Old 12 July 2013, 04:03 AM   #67
badgtho
"TRF" Member

Ill go a step further. Threads like this make me giggle. Surely the OP does not apply this same logic to everything in life. I understand the point of such a thread is to make an inflammatory statement and bask in the glow of the flaming that's sure to come.

Allow me to indulge.
If you think that the cost of a rolex has anything to do with its quality, cost of production or "value" then I hate to break it to you: it doesn't. I'm so sick of these threads about how well these watches keep time or how much they cost to service. Use your cell phone to keep time. Buy a quartz to save on svc.

You buy a rolex for the same reason you buy any luxury good. Because it makes you feel good. You enjoy the look, the feel, the history, the statement it makes.

The Seiko makes a statement as well. It's just a different statement.

This thread reads like one of those airplane mag ads for a Stauer Daytona ripoff. I think it says something like. "This watch is for someone that has nothing to prove because he's already proven it." It's silly because the whole reason you would wear the copy of a Daytona is because you want but cannot afford the real thing.
CA1215 Formula 1 Chrono
Etc...