View Single Post
Old 30 July 2013, 10:02 PM   #191
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I'm a 24/7 guy too and while I haven't wanted to rip it off my wrist yet, I have recently noticed it's weight. I was bed ridden last week for a few days and didn't wear a watch. When I finally put the DSSD on I could feel the weight and found it to be burdensome even. It may have been some oversensitivity since I was still a little sick but it has been a wake up call, now I'm afraid that my beloved Deepsea will start to mentally become heavier and possibly uncomfortable.

I'm not a flipper but want that "perfect" timeless watch that I could see me wearing when I'm sixty plus years old, In the back of my mind, the Deepsea doesn't seem to be that watch, but my GMTc is pretty awesome. Maybe I'm over thinking things.
So far my DSSD has been keeping my smile fresh when I look down and feels ok now that I'm healthy again, but the Diver is sure calling, especially the FC that I can't afford(unless I get rid of my DS and GMTc, the horror).
Oh man, you're toast...only a matter of time before the DSSD goes on the selling block. Been there, done that. As I mentioned earlier, my DSSD literally didn't come off my wrist for a little over 2 years. Never thought I would part w/ it until I purchased my SubC. Then the DSSD started to get inside my head just as you described.

Ultimately, once I purchased the Omega PO Chrono 9300 to fill my "big watch" desire, the DSSD was sold. I now routinely go between my 9300 & SubC.

While the SubC is still a tad smaller than I would like (I still wish Rolex would make a 42mm Sub), the Maxi-case definitely helps make it wear larger than 40mm. But in the end, there's just no denying how comfortable the SubC is when compared to the DSSD.

Oh yeah...and how could I forget in this thread. Death to all AP owners...that watch just can't hang w/ a DSSD (j/k...settle down...it was a joke). To each his/her own. Wear what you love, love what you wear.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote