View Single Post
Old 27 August 2013, 03:33 AM   #88
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
I could never justify buying a Rolex again. For that matter I don't think I could buy any expensive watch again. During my time of dabbling with Rolex watches I have owned 3 different Submariners, an Explorer 2, a new Milguass, and a GMT II.

Recently I had to put my 16610 on market because I need the cash for my business. Its replacement was a Seiko Black Monster purchased new off of Amazon for $211.00, and that included next day delivery.

For the price of my Rolex insurance policy, I could buy a new Monster each year. Unbelievable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavana View Post
Don't worry I still love ROLEX. In fact I just flipped my sub for a mint 91 Explorer 2.

Now I have the perfect combination... I wear the explorer during the day at work and when we go out. I wear the monster at home and in bed.

PERFECT!
Having just gone through the thread again, I'm not buying it.

First you tell us you recently had to sell your Sub because you needed cash for your business, and you replaced it with the Seiko. But 4 days later the story is you flipped the Sub for another Rolex? Also, not getting how the Monster replaced your Sub if A) You flipped the Sub for an ExpII and, B) you don't wear it out of the house.

Sorry, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

Seems like the the critics didn't like the original script so you rewrote it. It would have gotten rave reviews on a Seiko forum.