View Single Post
Old 27 August 2013, 09:35 PM   #67
submariner66
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshepard View Post
It's a matter of preference. What's a dress watch nowadays anyway? You see people wear 60mm dinner plates with a chronograph function on their wrists with suits. Or a digital watch that can tell you the current atmospheric pressure and a button that glows in the dark while wearing chuck taylors in a 3 piece suit. I don't think anyone can argue what kind of watch is appropriate in dressy situations anymore. It's all preference now. While I wouldn't mind wearing a sub with an off-white dinner jacket and black slacks from time to time, I would much rather wear something thinner, low profile, cleaner dial (date or time only), in a black or dark brown leather band and between 34-40mm in diameter. I admire the classics so I show it in the way I dress. Some have a less conservative approach, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I understand your point things have changed but that does not mean there is no such thing as a real and proper dress watch. What is it? Well one that would look really foolish without a suit on I suppose . For Rolex line, try wearing a Cellini dressed down ...doesn't look as as cool as wearing a sporty watch with the suit does it? Funny how that works.
submariner66 is offline   Reply With Quote