View Single Post
Old 24 October 2013, 11:54 AM   #40
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
After much thought, I have finally decided on what watch I want, and am now unsure on how to go about getting it!

We don't have used watch dealers in my area, so I have been looking on here every day, and on Ebay and Chrono24.

I'd love to buy from a trusted seller on here, but have not seen the watch I am looking for. I can find it on Chrono24 and Ebay, but I'm not really very familiar with Chrono24, and I don't know how much I should be offering for the watches that have the "Best Offer" option on Ebay.

I want to get the watch for a fair price, but I don't want to pay too much. I tried looking in the sold items on Ebay for an idea on what they are selling for, but none like I am looking for have sold.

I would like:

Ladies yellow gold President with black dial and either diamond or Roman markers. Model 179138. Age 2004 - 2007. Must be in excellent condition with little to no stretch to the bracelet and with all papers/box/booklets.

The asking price on Ebay (with an option to make an offer) seems to be running in the $17.5 - 18.9k range.

Has anyone on here bought from Ebay - preferably seller Santblanc - and/or anyone who could give me some guidance on what kind of offer I should expect to make?

Thank you!!!

I've bought from Beckertime and Topnotchwatch. Beckertime uses stock photos of most all the watches listed so your not exactly seeing what you're getting. I bought a datejust from them a few years ago (still have it). Luckily it's a nice watch but I didn't realize the picture shown was a stock photo until afterwards. My recent YG president was purchased from Scott of Topnotchwatch. I intended on purchasing a DDII 116333 with a slate dial but his pictures are so good/detailed on his website I ended up buying my Day Date from him. I saw the watch and thought "damn that looks good!" Excellent transaction and great service/communication. No regrets. It was Beckertime's use of stock photos that turned me off for buying a used watch from them this round. Scott was much much better to deal with. Beckertime had a few 36mm Day dates but I just didn't want to put that much $$ out there on a stock photo. I've heard that trusted sellers here can find most all of what you're looking for as well so it might be worth investigating. Good luck with your quest!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote