View Single Post
Old 6 December 2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Qimchi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everything
Let me input some of my own thoughts on the white dial 5711, which I have owned it for approx 10 mths now.

It has been my daily watch since I first bought it and am still loving it. So far, it only sustained minor hairline scratches given that I wear the watch with logical and reasonable care. Most of the scratches are found at the polished link area and more scratches towards the clasp. I suspect the scratches happened when I was using my laptop and contacts with cufflinks. I can say that even with these scratches, the 5711 still look pretty. It does not need to be in pristine condition to look like 5711.

In regards to the movement, I have not encountered any mechanical or physical issues. I believe most people will agree that the clasp for 5711 "seems fragile". But on average I put on/took out my watch about 2 times a day and I can say that it is still holding strong. My arm movement can also be quite big, which leads to the rotor winding the watch and I can tell you it is a big joy to hear it spin. And at times, I will purposely spin my watch just to hear the rotor...abit crazy I know...

Like many of the owners before me mentioned. This watch can be worn casually or formally and it really does so. It bend in particularly very well with my Silver iPhone 5S, tribute to Mont Blanc pen and my penguin attire (White shirt & black pants). Strangely I am finding myself getting stuffs that are silver, white and black to compliment my 5711......crazy again I know...

Personally I have yet to test the timing of the watch and I have not been in a situation whereby I need to change the time due to watch running either too fast or too slow. Call me crazy the 3rd time, but I always look forward to the months without 31 days so that I have a reason to pull out the crown and enjoy changing the date and winding the watch.

Here is a picture of my watch at the work desk (Friday is a dress down day )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5711.jpg (83.0 KB, 1317 views)
Qimchi is offline   Reply With Quote