View Single Post
Old 22 February 2008, 07:43 AM   #37
Goldwright

Watch: Rolex 16610 Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by mldaytona View Post
Congrats Joe, I am so happy for you. Welcome to the underwater world. Enjoy your Sub Date, it'll tick on forever.
Hey mldaytona, thanks for the friendly welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mldaytona View Post
I love my Sub Date a lot, but I feel a little disappointed with the cheap looking and cheap feeling bracelet. They should have equipped all Subs with more solid and more expensive looking bracelets. Thanks for your time, Bo.
Before I got the Sub I bought a shiny new Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50. It has a decent bracelet on it, which feels like the money you paid for it. When I compared that SMP’s bracelet to a Sub bracelet, it seems that the Sub has a cheap lightweight, unworthy bracelet that is a rip-off for the price. And I always though this was the case until some pointed out this idea.

The SS Rolex Submariner to this day, remains true to it’s origin; it is a tool watch. It is not made to be pretty, it’s made to do a job. While other watches have gone down the bling-bling path (and there is nothing wrong with that) the Submariner remains true to is original design and purpose. Which is also why they still have the extension.

As you would know, the Subs bracelet is made from 904L Stainless Steel which makes it very strong and durable, especially to some of the corrosive environments it would find itself in, on dive jobs.

The bracelet was purposely designed with hollow links and a lightweight clasp to keep down the weight. And that light weight equals extra comfort. I know this is true when I compare it to my SMP. I easily forget I have my Sub on. As I guy told me once, I forget it’s on until I need it, when I look down it’s always there. The bracelet will never break or come undone.

I’m glad the Sub bracelet is as strong and light as it is, and still designed to get the job done.
Goldwright is offline   Reply With Quote