Thread: Panerai 48?
View Single Post
Old 24 February 2014, 03:07 AM   #8
jmusser3r
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
48 fits the bill for sure. Rolex is out of the question?
Rolex is out now. The only one that entertains him is the 2-tone DJ II with the diamond dial which retails for $13-14k so way over budget. I was thinking PAM 48 over the 104 strictly because of sizing. He tried on the 44mm PAM's and said they felt too big for daily wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Doggy View Post
I started with a 48. Flipped it almost immediately. 44mm+ is true PAM DNA. To each their own though. Just tryin' to save your buddy hard earned mulah if possible...
I agree. PAM's are meant to be bigger watches but he isn't a fan of 40mm+ watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoWatch View Post
I always hear people say "Get the 44mm model, you'll regret it because the 40mm is too small." Well, that might be true for some but I've had a PAM48 for a year or two now and I have absolutely NO desire to go 44 or larger. My wrist is 6.5" and that 40mm PAM wears pretty darn big despite being 40mm. In fact it wears bigger than my 42mm Speedmaster and 43mm Ball Diver. So yeah, if your buddy wants a 40mm Panerai, the 048 is a fantastic watch! Unless he has to buy new, PAM48s can be had in the 4k-ish range in excellent condition. Just a thought. There are a lot of great watches out there in the 5-7k range, far too many to name. I'd look at Rolex, Omega, Breitling, Panerai, Zenith, Glashutte Original, Tudor, Ball, the list goes on and on and on. Here are a couple shots of my 48, a fantastic watch:
The 48 looks great in these pics! I've been trying to convince him to buy a mint pre-owned watch for the last year now but he is dead set on BNIB from an AD at the moment. Also, you posted a great list of watch brands to look at. I will send those his way.

Thanks!
jmusser3r is offline   Reply With Quote