View Single Post
Old 15 March 2014, 05:20 AM   #5
wantonebad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITEVIDEOGAMES View Post
The Journe for me is the perfect dress watch because it can double casually. Unfortunately it does scare me how they speak of it possibly being only serviced by Journe. Are Journes service fees insane like some of the other smaller independents? (Like Richard Mille)
That Journe movement is impeccable and IMHO beats the others out with its unique look and execution.
I would tend to agree with you, and purely from a horology standpoint they did a very good job of describing the Journe's place in the market and its unique design. That said as elegant and as completely unique as the Journe is, the VC was the stand out for me. I just prefer VC's aesthetic, the service issue is merely an added plus.

To take it a step further, as stunning as the Journe is and I do think it's stunning, a blue face and SS body is not really the dress combo I would be looking for personally. I don't really have the need to have multiple dress watches and if I were buying one right now I would prefer gold with a white face. More traditional, less European perhaps, though they are all European, the styling on the VC is more universal, at least to me.

The ALS was also a stunner and the most traditional dress watch of the three but ALS styling has never spoken to me, I just really think the VC is Marc's cup of tea...
wantonebad is offline   Reply With Quote